Monday, December 14, 2015


The Peace this Season brings,


I woke up this morning to a most peaceful scene. SNOW! Lots of snow! Did I ever tell you how much I love snow? Well I do. And today was one of those moments I wait for all year.

I hurried and bundled myself up and ran outside and just listened, yes, listened!: not with my ears, but with my heart!

When the snow comes down there is a peace that you cannot hear but only feel. It is the most beautiful feeling. It always make me want to jump in my car and go driving in it, or just walk through the neighborhood in my boots.  I want to be the first person to leave their mark in the snow. I know it sounds crazy, but there is just something inviting about the snow.

There aren't very many things in this world that can fill us with peace. Our Savior Jesus Christ brings us the only true peace! Christ said,

         "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth,
          give I unto you." 

When I feel the Lord's spirit, it is such a personal thing. I know at that moment, what I am feeling is only between me and Christ. It is the same feeling I get when I am out in the snow by myself; just me and the Savior, as I take in the beauty of His creations! It is the closest thing this world can bring to the true feeling of the spirit of Christ; For His spirit is in His creations!

At this special time of year, when we celebrate the birth of our Savior, I pray that we will all feel the Peace that only Christ can bring! I hope that you can look for those moments of peace when it is just you and Him and you can feel His peace.  I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!


                                                                      Love, Nanna



No comments:

Post a Comment