Tuesday, October 31, 2017




“Two always know”


     When Dan Simon's was our Bishop, he always used the phrase, “Two always Know”. Sometimes we think when we do or say something that is not nice, no one will ever know, but that is not true. Our Savior knows, because He watches over us. That is something I recognized as a very young child and it has stayed with me ever since.
     I was listening to the “Music and the Spoken Word”, a Sunday morning program of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and they started singing this song. I was reminded again of this phrase that Bishop Simon's taught. When I leave my house in the mornings I imagine myself walking out the door with my arm wrapped in the Savior's arm, taking Him with me. If my arm is wrapped in His I know that I can’t go anywhere that He would or could not go and it is easier for me to remember to be kind in all I say, because I would not want to offend Him.

     This is such a beautiful song and it is such a sweet remembrance of what I can be when the Savior stands beside me.



If the Savior Stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow his example? Would I live more righteously
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind, if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would my thoughts be clean and pure?
Would His presence give me strength and hope and courage to endure?
Would His counsel guide my actions? Would I choose more worthily,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh,watching over me?

Watching over me, watching over me,
He is always near me, though I do not see Him there,
And because He loves me dearly,
I am in His watchful care,
So, I’ll be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me.




No comments:

Post a Comment